02 03 MaKa Style: HAUTE COUTURE WEEK 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

HAUTE COUTURE WEEK

34
FALL HAUTE COUTURE WEEK 2015
Fashion has taken over the city of Rome this week with designers unveiling their Fall haute couture collections. There were so many beautiful gowns and pieces to swoon over...I can only imagine what beauties will be lucky enough to grace the red carpets with these gorgeous creations. I vote me...but sadly probably not. 
VALENTINO
With an emphasis on black and gold and hints of red, the collection featured little symbols of Rome's ancient history. I do love this collection. I love the accents and the darkness of it all. I am sure we will be seeing the likes of Cate Blanchett or Emma Stone in one of the shorter numbers.
Umberto Fratini/Indigitalimages.com

Umberto Fratini/Indigitalimages.com

Umberto Fratini/Indigitalimages.com

Umberto Fratini/Indigitalimages.com

Umberto Fratini/Indigitalimages.com


Zuhair Murad
With Zuhair, its always about flash, sparkle and sheer fabric. As with many of their other collections, a lot of repeats from years before were made but designed in different colors and hues. Surprisingly, velvet and deep rich colors like plum and teal made a showing.  We also saw a few jumpsuits which have come back full forces this past season as well. I am sure we will see a slew of VS models as well as JLO showing off their stems in these gorgeous gowns. 
Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Armani Privé
Rainbow sequins and glitter galore with an 80s vibe rocked the runway. 
Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Alexis Mabille
For his 10th year anniversary as a courturier, he didn't stray from the beauty of his usual flair. Bows, beading, and lace worked their way throughout the collection. As for myself I don't think we see enough of this designer on the red carpet. One of my favorites was when Zoe Saldana wore one of his designs ( a multi-tiered ombre mermaid dress) that just stood out among the rest. Hopefully we will see more of these beautiful creations. 
Courtesy of Alexis Mabille

Courtesy of Alexis Mabille

Courtesy of Alexis Mabille

Courtesy of Alexis Mabille

Courtesy of Alexis Mabille

Giambattista Valli
Tulle, flowers, feathers and more. One dress stood out with it's high-low hem and reminded us all of Amal's introduction as Mrs. George Clooney. 
Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Schiaparelli
With a new designer (Bertrand Guyon) taking over the reigns, the collection showcased his love of the evening gown (a man after my own heart.) I would wear all of these. Flowy chiffon, glimmering gold, black velvet and bold prints made up a majority of the runway.  
Kim Weston Arnold/Indigitalimages.com

Kim Weston Arnold/Indigitalimages.com

Kim Weston Arnold/Indigitalimages.com

Kim Weston Arnold/Indigitalimages.com

Kim Weston Arnold/Indigitalimages.com

Christian Dior
Not gonna lie, Dior normally bores me. If I were lucky enough to be chosen to wear someone's designs, Dior wouldn't be one I would run to. I know. I know. Who am I to say such things. DIOR DIOR!!!! But after seasons of seeing poor JLAW or even their sweetheart, Marion Cotillard in their shapeless frocks, I had enough! Only a few Charlize Theron moments really stood out, but this season's runway took a bit of a turn for me. Check out those beautifully tailored coats!! Pick me! Pick me!!! I say. I will wear those any day!
Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Atelier Versace
I could live amongst these dresses. Its as if we stepped into a bohemian dream. It was such a sharp turn from the most recent collections by Donatella. This season, she chose to show the softer side of Versace. With it's boho and festival influences, pastels of pink and purple hues floated along the runway while the models wore wreaths in their hair. By far, this is one of my fav collections I have seen!
Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com


Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Chanel
Clearly a theme with a shift moving from the late 1920 to early 1930, couldn't we see Lady Mary wearing a number of these?
Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Yannis Vlamos/Indigitalimages.com

Elie Saab
Saving the best for last, one of my favs, Elie Saab didn't go too far from his signature designs. This season, the color ranged from golden hues to deep rich teals and purples.  A few floral gowns made an appearance too. Pick me! I'll wear them all!!!
Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com

Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com

Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com

Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com


Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com

Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com

Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com

Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com
Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com











































































































































Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38