02 03 MaKa Style: BOLD + BEAUTIFUL BROWS 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

BOLD + BEAUTIFUL BROWS

34
BOLD and BEAUTIFUL BROWS
If you have not noticed, thicker fuller brows are in.  The bigger the better.  So many celebrities are letting their brows go untamed. Some of my absolute favorite looks include:
Lily Collins
Rex Features

Cara Delevigne
Getty Images

Beyonce
Getty Images

Julianne Hough
WireImage

Sarah Hyland
Rex Features

Rihanna
Getty Images

Keira Knightley
PA Photos

Are you interested to know how to make your brows look better?? I'll give you a few tips that I have learned myself. I have naturally medium ash blonde hair so I was not blessed with dark thick brows. Around the age of 17, I started to experiment a little and went through the stages of overplucking which was never a good thing. Its sad to think that my measly brows were turning into almost nothing at all. In college,  my friends who helped tweeze my brows always said..."what brows? You barely have any!!!" Sigh. I always knew. 
A few years ago, I realized that I could make a difference and boy did it ever! I always thought girls, especially blondes would have to actually dye their eyebrows to get the look I wanted to achieve, but I was wrong. Ladies...its all about EYEBROW PENCILS!!!! I call them magic pencils. They have given my eyebrows so much life and my face so much more dimension. Once I pencil in and apply some mascara, I feel ready for the day! Check out below to see the before and after results.
BEFORE
AFTER

As you can see, in the second photo, my eyebrows really add a more polished and finished look to my face and makeup. For these photos, I had full makeup on, because it was after Easter Mass this weekend. Normally, my daily look only includes, eyebrows, mascara, a bit of bronzer and a gloss. 

So you want to know my tricks?

1. LET YOUR BROWS GROW! STOP TWEEZING!!!
2. SKIP THE WAX. WHY? IT HURTS and you may be permanently damaging the beautiful arches. 
3. GET THEM THREADED! You are in and out of the chair in less than 5 minutes. I feel like it leaves a more natural line and only pinches a tad. I go about once every 6 weeks. 
4. USE AN EYEBROW PENCIL to fill in and darken your beautiful brows. Then use a spoolie brush to brush out the excess. 
5. FINISH WITH A GEL! It's the final stage to darkening and helps for that thicker, fuller look. If you already have dark brows, try a clear gel to help plump and volumize.

MY FAVORITE PRODUCTS
I currently use the Anastasia line. She has the best line in the business and celebrities flock to her for their signature arches. Some of her clients include: Jennifer Lopez, Oprah, Kim Kardashian and Reese Witherspoon. She claims that if you have dark hair, your brows should be one shade lighter while blondes should have their brows one shade darker. Its really up to your own preference. Personally, I like my brows darker, so I use the following. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
I love this pencil, because of the line it creates. With it's precision point, you can really help pencil in the brows with the most natural results.  Application is so easy and effortless. 
Sephora
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
This gel is perfect and really helps and controls my brows to look more defined and fuller without ever flaking.  It always stays put until I remove with cleanser and makeup remover at nighttime. 
Sephora

For those living in NYC, the Sephora at Rockfeller Center on 5th between 48th and 49th has an Anastasia Brow Studio, so if you aren't sure about the products or shades you should be using, pop in for a consult! Rock Center - 212- 980-6538


















Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38