02 03 MaKa Style: A Bridal Tea 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Bridal Tea

34
A Bridal Tea Party
As most of you know already, I am a bride-to-be! With the 100 day mark behind us now, the big day is right around the corner. This past month, my mother and sister threw me an intimate tea party themed bridal shower with my closest family and friends. We had it over 4th of July weekend, which was a fun trip back to my hometown for myself and hubby to me. Filled with family, fireworks, fishing and festivities, we had a blast! I always love going home and getting away from the big ole city for a few days!!
For the shower, typical me, had my outfit selected months in advance. I knew I wanted to go for something that had a vintage vibe,  unique and girly. Being a huge fan of ASOS, my go to store for most event worthy dresses, I found the perfect dress. The designer is  Frock and Frill. While ASOS carries some of their dresses, you can check out their direct website which sells an array of spectacular pieces. Think GATSBY meets Cinderella! I have been told numerous times from friends since posting some of the photos from the shower, that their daughters thought I looked like Elsa from Frozen. So cute! I'll take it! 
Courtesy of Lindsey Fetterhoff Photography

The Embellished Lace Skater dress is no longer listed in pale blue as seen in my photo, but still available in other colors

Navy/Silver
ASOS

White/Pink Multi
ASOS

Cream
ASOS

Navy
ASOS

As for my gorgeous hair, my best friend Ellen, created my boho inspired braid updo. I accessorized it with a Dipoli Bobbi from Anthropologie
I finished my look with earrings from one of my favorite Etsy shops, Mashugana. The link directs you to the same pair I bought, except I customized the pair to be designed with silver metal and long kidney stem wire. This shop offers so many beautiful pieces of jewelry that are handmade using Swarovski crystals, so they really glimmer! I have bought so many gifts for family and friends from her. 
MakaStyle Instagram
For my makeup, I am a Chanel girl.  Ever since, I bought my first lipstick from them, I have never used anything else. Their lip glosses and lipstick go on like butter and never smear. They stay put, which is so nice when you are wearing a bright color, such as pink or red. For this occasion, I went with #44 La Diva from their Rouge Allure Velvet line.  I wanted something that popped against my pastel blue without taking away from it. This shade was perfect! I also wear their scent, Chance and receive compliments every day...even from my favorite Starbucks baristas!
 For my eyeshadow, using my trusty Urban Decay Naked3 palette, I went with the shade Buzz. Their colors are pretty enough to stand out alone, without blending along with others.  As for my eyeliner, I like to wear different colors on my upper and lower lids when I dress up. It really makes the blue pop! A few other items I used for my look were :
Mascara: Dior Extase in Black/ Eyeliner: Upper Lid- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Perversion/ Lower Lid- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Bourbon Blush/Bronzer Duo: Nars in Orgasm/Laguna 
Courtesy of Lindsey Fetterhoff Photography
This is the only photo I have of my sparkly Betsey Johnson heels from BHLDN. You can't tell in the photo but the bottoms were light blue. 
BHLDN
BHLDN

My family really put together such a beautiful day for both myself and Timi! 
On the right my sister is wearing a dress from Modcloth, which is still available. On the left my mother is wearing a coral dress from Avenue. 
My sister in law, Megan made our beautiful corsages! Thanks Megan!!
Courtesy of Lindsey Fetterhoff Photography

The entire day was so much fun! I miss my family and friends so much and can NOT wait til the big day when we all get together to celebrate LOVE and LIFE!!


Can't wait to be a MRS!!! 
Venue: White Linen Tea House  Photographer: Lindsey Fetterhoff


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38